Some people experience anxiety about their partner keeping information or emotions from them. Information such as the financial, family of origin, or affairs. This makes them feel unsafe and insecure as if waiting for the other shoe to drop at any moment and dismantle their whole life as they know it.
Some people experience sadness for not being seen, not being heard, and alone within their relationship. As if no matter what they say or how they say it, their words will not matter and their needs will not be met.
Some people feel broken under the power, or the force of their partner and feel utterly powerless within the relationship and powerless to leave the relationship.
Some are done with the relationship but feel obligated to remain due to the societal pressure, thinking that it is better for their children, not wanting to be destroyed financially, not wanting to lose the social structure that has been created due to the relationship, or they are afraid of the unknown beyond this relationship.
Regardless of the reason that their relationship is not working, their anxiety and sadness create an unfulfilling life which results in the demise of their purpose and self-esteem which will affect productivity in many other areas of their life.
How do you take care of yourself when your relationship is not working?
- Observe how you are contributing to the current state of your relationship.
- Observe how you think and feel about yourself and your partner and your relationship.
- Identify all behaviors that you do in your relationship that you are not proud of and are not aligned with your intention and values.
- See how you have lost respect for yourself and your partner.
- Explore what you need to restore respecting yourself and your partner.
- See how you have been lying to yourself and your partner.
- Explore how you can restore trust.
- Identify what your needs are and how you can fulfill them with or without your partner.
- Identify all the areas that you don’t have skills yet to create a fulfilling relationship.
Remember that you deserve to have an amazing relationship. If you are stuck and don’t have the skill to create it, get support.